Advice needed please.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Advice needed please.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Snoops
2 Posts
0 Thanks
In August 2015 I signed an agreement with a letting agency with over 30 years experience to let out my property on a fully managed basis. The agency had a tenant ready and said that they would forward all paperwork, deposit info, short hold tenancy agreement, gas and energy certificates and so on. The tenant gave the agency a deposit of 862 and moved into my house on 21 August. It was a six month short hold tenancy agreement. I tried repeatedly to get all the information from the agent but he kept telling me that he was working on them and that I would receive them soon. This went on for weeks and weeks during which time I only received one payment of rent out of three. I spoke to CAB and they advised that I should get my tenant to pay me directly into my account. My tenant agreed stating that the agency were refusing to give her a rental payment receipt. After a short while the tenant stopped paying me the rent and has ignored all phone calls and letters since. My tenant is now coming up to six months arrears but I don't know what action to take as the agency won't communicate with me to explain where the deposit is or whether or not it was protected. They have given me no paperwork at all to date. I have submitted a complaint to the property ombudsman who are in the process of looking into it. As I don't know where the deposit is should I use a section 21 or section 8? And what can I do about the agency? Can I hold them responsible for this nightmare? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
31/05/2016 13:25

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband