Letting agent not doing their job properly

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting agent not doing their job properly
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi there,

I needed some help on a letting management issue.
I've a flat let out, and the letting agent found the tenants and have been managing the property for the last year. I've been paying a management fee for this. The contract is due to end on 28june 2016. A few months ago I noticed the rent wasn't paid that month, so I contacted the letting agent and they said the rent wasn't paid because there's issues with the flat that haven't been sorted out by me, yet I wasn't told about the issues (the agent insists he told me). So I went round the flat and have sorted all the issues immediately after finding out and the tenants are happy now. I've decided that I don't want to renew the contract through the letting agent as they aren't doing their job properly but I still want to keep the tenants. So the tenant told the agent they don't want to renew the contract, and will therefore leave on 28 June. But they'll actually stay in there, and I'll renew the contract independently.

I just wanted to know if there's anything wrong in what I'm doing? When I told the agent I won't renew through them, they were like fine but well have to evict the tenant as the tenants are ours. But I'm fairly certain they can't do this. Is that right? Thanks

Eesha
10/06/2016 08:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband