Difficulty giving the letting agency notice

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Difficulty giving the letting agency notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
DJ Leeds
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I need some advice on how to ditch my letting agency as they are awkward to deal with and I feel I have been hoodwinked!

I have owned my flat for several years, but the letting agent who managed it sold their agency to a large firm. I did not sign their T's and C's as I was suspicious. This was in December 2015. Since then I have had bad service from the new letting agent (I can list them if you wish) and basically I would like to manage the property myself.

I tried to give them notice but they said that while the current tenant is in occupancy (who they did not find, but the previous agent found), they are owed their 11% of the rent each month, whether they manage it or I do. They offered me a get-out fee but this was so expensive it wasn't worth it. The tenant is now on a monthly rolling tenancy but has no plans to move yet and I don't want to evict her because she's lovely!

Can you advise how I proceed please?
28/06/2016 14:33 - Report - Thank this member

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Property Six Pack (Gas Elec)