What is a reasonable energy / water allowance for 4 students?

You are here : Member Forums Other What is a reasonable energy / water allowance for 4 students?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
JMH
19 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi

Sorry not sure where this question fits. I wonder if anyone who lets out to students can advise me... one of our kids has just received the contract for his lodging next term. This is a 4 bed house in the Staffordshire area. I've looked over the contract which all seems fairly reasonable but there is mention of allowances for water and energy. I've no idea if these are reasonable for 4 students or not. The allowances are thus:

160 cubic metres of water and 160 cubic metres of sewerage per year (or 47 weeks or whatever a university year is)

148 for energy (I assume the cost of gas plus electric) per month

We pay a load more than that for gas + electric at home so I worry that this is not a reasonable figure for a 4 student house - but I've no real clue.

And the water seems very low for a whole year.

Do these figures seem reasonable in your experience? The previous place had no specific limits applied.

Thanks!
29/06/2016 18:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions