Half rent only paid

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Half rent only paid
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Kiran
9 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi,

My tenant who has been very difficult has only paid half the rent this month. He has put "poor condition" in his payment reference.

He reported drain trap below the sink was leaking for which we replaced it with new wash basin. This whole process took almost a month to complete as trades man who came first was a plumber and he could not plaster the wall where tiles were removed. We had to wait till plasterer then electrician to connect wires for electric hot water for the sink.

After fitting new wash basin the plumber only came to know drain was blocked when he opened tap for trial after finishing the job. I suspect this difficult tenant must have blocked the drain in anger while we were waiting for plasterer and electrician. This came out of the blue as he never reported drain was blocked. He sent me a picture of trap leaking beneath the sink and he never mentioned drain has also been blocked.

After having fitted the new basin with new traps we could not use as main drain was blocked. Any thoughts on this how i should tackle this stupid tenant?

Is there anyway to prove the drain was tempered and blocked intentionally by the tenant ? Any experiences , Please advice. Not sure how i can claim the rest of my rent? I have been told in 2 instances they could smell canabis in his room when tradesman went there early mornings.

Do i really need to refund/reduce his rent as wash basin is not working for last 5 weeks. Is there any laws on this? Please advice. Many thank you all in advance.
01/07/2016 23:37

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband