Join the Residential Landlords Association

Serving notice on a tenant that has been arrested for violence and harrasment

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Serving notice on a tenant that has been arrested for violence and harrasment
pink0910
pink0910
24 Posts
0 Thanks

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are well given the current climate?

I manage a small HMO portfolio for a landlord. In one of his shared houses I have had issues with two house mates that have not been getting on. The police have been called a couple of times with both of them accusing each other of different things. It got to the point yesterday where it escalated quite dramatically, a knife was involved and the police were called and one of the house mates arrested. This house mate needs to go. Where do I stand with serving them notice? Their fixed term contract does not expire until June, I am aware that under the current Covid situation we now have to give three months notice. This is of concern with them both living under the same roof for the next three months I think it is just going to get worse and worse. I dont feel it is fair for the other house mates to have to put up with this.
Looking for suggestions on how to move forward to ensure everyones safety.

Thanks in advance.

28/03/2020 12:22

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions