Tennant gave 1 weeks notice of his leaving and demands deposit back before his departure

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Tennant gave 1 weeks notice of his leaving and demands deposit back before his departure
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Can somebody please give me some advice on the above. The tennant who has lived in the property for 4 years, rings up midweek saying that he wants his deposit back by friday as he is moving out on the saturday. He refuses all offers of a face to face meeting on his moving day to check inventory and meter readings and condition of property. He sends two friends who offer the keys back the following wednesday conditional on return of his deposit. I gave them the meter readings and got my keys back as well as telling them that i had 28 days to return deposit as per agreement. However the former tennant refused to give a forwarding address and left the property in a state of disrepair, how do I stand regards holding his deposit for short notice of moving and leaving property in a poor state.
28/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions