Would my application for possession order be invalidated if tenant suddenly pays his arrears

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Would my application for possession order be invalidated if tenant suddenly pays his arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Pui
22 Posts
1 Thanks
My tenant constantly paid rent late (1 - 2 weeks usually). In June, I served s21 to my tenant when the rent became 3 weeks behind. Up to now it is 2 months' rent unpaid and I think I should serve section 8.

My questions are, (1) Can I expect the tenant to be responsible for the court fee? (2) what if my tenant suddenly pay the arrear (partly or in full) after I already start court proceeding for possession order upon s.8 notice expiry? Would it invalidate my application? Can I still expect the tenant to be responsible for the court and/or legal fee? (3) for the arrear, do I require to go to small claim court separately?

Would appreciate your help.
07/07/2016 12:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband