Join the Residential Landlords Association

Tenant served Notice to end Tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant served Notice to end Tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
DM2012
DM2012
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Our Tenant has served a Notice to end tenancy by using a break clause. The break clause is worded as follows:
"The Landlord agrees that the Tenant has the rights to terminate the Tenancy by giving the Landlord not less than two months’ advance written Notice to be sent by recorded delivery"
- My understanding 2 months should be 2 rental periods (rental period ends on the 17th, she wants to leave on the 2nd June), I tried to explain it but the Tenant is adamant it to be 2 calendar months. Usually I would accept it but given we are now in lock-down and it will be very difficult to find a new tenant these days, I am keen to insist on 2 rental periods. Can I do it and how to explain it to the Tenant (which legislation to refer to)?
- The Tenant sent her Notice by email despite the agreement specifies it should be recorded delivery. What our grounds here?

Thank you very much for your views and advice.

02/04/2020 12:23

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions