Leaving an LA at the end of an AST

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Leaving an LA at the end of an AST
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
JMH
12 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi

We've decided to self-manage our one let at the end of the current 2 year AST and LA agreement. There is a lot of excellent advice in this forum which has answered almost all my questions...

I am waiting on a reply from the LA but it's the timing that is worrying me. Both the management agreement and tenancy agreement end at the same time and as yet I do not know if the tenants wish to stay. The LA was about to ask them. This ends more than 2 months from now btw.

Assuming the LA stops managing the property at the end of the agreement is it 'simply' a matter of me and the tenants signing a new AST? From what I've read here it is but I want to check due to the two things happening together. I am assuming, perhaps wrongly, that as the agreement with the LA was for 2 years, and they ask for 2 months notice, that at the end they would not have any further interest unless I renew the agreement.

I understand about the deposit, it is currently lodged in a relevant scheme by the LA.

My reason is not really financial although at 13% now it is a consideration. The issue I have had is things being missed in the inspections and that has been partly my own making for not insisting that we go along on them; and also we've no contact with the tenants and I think if we had there would be less issues. I already arrange the gas cert myself, I can arrange an emergency key holder and I have access to handy people for repairs and such.

So I am rather struggling to find reason to continue with the LA - or have I just gone mad?

12/07/2016 23:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband