Periodic Tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Other Periodic Tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
MarieJ10
2 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi I have a tenants (a couple with children) in a property on a periodic tenancy. The rent is paid direct by housing benefit. Both are named on the agreement, they have split up. The mother would like to stay in the property with the children and would receive sufficient housing benefit to cover the rent, I would be happy with this situation. The father is refusing to leave the property, as he is named on the agreement, he would ben entitled to housing benefit but it would not be sufficient to cover the rent consequently I would not be happy with this situation.

I have advised the female tenant that I am unable to instruct that one tenant leave the property as both are named on the agreement.

My question is, if one party gives notice to quit the property in writing, the mother for example what is the position should the father refuses to leave? I assume court proceedings for possession? If the father does leave, would there be anything to preclude me from re-letting again immediately to the mother?
13/07/2016 22:18

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband