Overflowing of Bins - Warnings of Fines by Council

You are here : Member Forums Other Overflowing of Bins - Warnings of Fines by Council
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Hazel
9 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello,

We have been having trouble with one particular block of flats who refuse to abide by the general rule when it comes to the bins. I have sent e-mail after e-mail and a few letters explaining about the recycling process; to not have bins overflowing; to make sure bins are put out and returned on the correct bin day etc. , but tenants don't seem to be taking any notice.

We've received a notice from Manchester City Council informing us that if they find the bins are still being used incorrectly, we will be fined £80.00 a time. I have informed the tenants of this, but it still hasn't got me anywhere.

We have to keep going down and sorting the bins out ourselves, separating the general waste from the recycled card/glass etc. Not very pleasant, especially having to do it on several occasions! We are going back there today to sort the bins out, as there are a lot of bags on the floor next to the bins. My concern is it won't be long before it attracts rats.

Can I insist that the fine is paid for by the tenants themselves? Can we fine tenants if they continue to behave in this manner?

I'm really unsure as to how I can get through to the tenants.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!

20/07/2016 13:50

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions