what is the ruling for service of documents at the weekend

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 what is the ruling for service of documents at the weekend
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
t-man
16 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi
I served joint tenant s21 documents in person at 8.15pm on a Saturday evening. One tenant was at home but the other wasnít. I served the documents for a relative.
I seem to recall reading somewhere on the old website that documents served in person after a certain time are still classed as being served the following day and that documents served at the weekend are not counted as being served until the following Monday.

I took 4 copies of the s21. There was only one tenant at the property. She signed (with date and time) one of my copies acknowledging receipt of the s21 and signed the 2nd of my copies acknowledging receipt of an s21 for her friend. I took my 2 copies back and left 2 at the address.
I am filling in the s215 certificate of service which requires day served and date of service.

I canít find any information on the new site. Does anyone know if this issue about the weekend service is correct please or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick at some point?
Many thanks

28/07/2016 01:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband