Electric Meter Readings

You are here : Member Forums Other Electric Meter Readings
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Amms
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Dear Sir/Madame, I am the Landlord of a leasehold flat in a local authority block, the electric meter is located in a locked cupboard at the base of the communal stairwell, after making enquiries they have said their procedure for obtaining a meter reading is as follows :

''I have spoken to Walworth One Stop Shop and they is a procedure in place. If you wish to have a meter reading you must book a specific time with your contractor when they will visit you, go to Walworth Road One Stop Shop and book the master keys for your engineer. Once completed alert your contractor that they would have to collect the keys from the Walworth One Stop Shop, there engineer must provide Identification. Once your contractor has read the meter they must return keys to the One Stop Shop''

This seems like a very complicated and impracticable method to obtain a meter reading as from my experience I would not be able to get in touch with the contractor employed by the energy company to arrange a visit and they have stated that they would not be able to collect keys from a another location
Is there any regulation that the freeholder must stick to as this seems a very difficult situation ?

Kind Regards

Aman Nakai

28/07/2016 09:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband