Landlord forcibly ThrewTenant out of home

You are here : Member Forums Other Landlord forcibly ThrewTenant out of home
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Ray
70 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi Guys, not sure if i can ask this type of advice on RLA but a friend of mine asked for me for advice which I do not know the answer.

His son lives with his girlfriend and they both shared/signed a tenancy agreement to rent out a property that is owned by the girls step father to be. My friends son had an argument with his girlfriend who told her step father to be. The landlord came into the property and dragged my friends son out by the throat and frog marched him to the stop of the street and kicked him out of the home on the spot.
(this event was witnessed by several neighbours)

This was weeks ago and the landlord is refusing for him to get back into the property to get his belongings.

I have advised my friends son to goto a solicitors as a matter of urgency as I believe this is one of the worst things a landlord can do to their tenant?

Also at present, my friends son is having to sleep on his parents coach because they have no ore rooms as it is filled with other siblings.

If anyone can offer any advice or recommend a good tenancy lawyer this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ray

02/08/2016 09:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions