Rent arrears/ housing benefit

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Rent arrears/ housing benefit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
Gee_261
1 Posts
0 Thanks
housing benefit told me my tenant was entitled to 102.50 per week, I kept phoning them as i did not get any money at the due date, after two months they told me they were waiting on the date they make payment. When I did get a payment it was only for 140.68 instead of 1745.05. I phoned their office only to be told they had kept the money because the tenant was overpaid housing benefit. I wrot a letter of complaint in October with no reply I again wrote in December and was told they my complaint was upheld. This does not hep me as I am now owed 3855.00 in arrears,and yhey are still keeping part of the rent due to me because of money overpaid to the tenant. I have issued a section 8 notice. Is there anything I can do about the money not paid to me by housing benefit. They did tell me she was entitled to the money and did not tell me they were going to keep it for overpayment. I am about to write another letter to housing benefit and would value some help.
31/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband