Leak from a neighbouring flat and uncooperative flat owner

You are here : Member Forums Other Leak from a neighbouring flat and uncooperative flat owner
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Accidental llord
19 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello

Iím a landlord at a flat where someone else owns the property above.

A few weeks ago, my tenants noticed a couple of patches on the ceiling. Concerned, I took a look and took some photos. I then contacted the owner of the property above and they said they hadnít noticed the problem.

I told my tenants to keep an eye over the next couple of weeks, after which I would repair.
However, more wet patches started to appear. A few weeks later, I contacted the owner of the property above again. He said that he will have a plumber take a look.

As a consequence of my informing the owner of the property that there were patches appearing in my ceiling the owner of the property said that a plumber had fixed a u-bend under his sink a few weeks ago and couldnít find anything more.

The current situation is that the patches are appearing at an alarming rate, daily. Weíre at a stalemate situation as he has simply said that his plumber canít find anything.

My tenants are constantly taking photos for me with dates.

What are my rights? What action can I take? I would really appreciate advice on what I can do. What are my legal rights. If it helps, my flat is ex-local authority in a block of flats.

Thank-you

18/08/2016 22:43

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband