Tenant or Landlord responsible

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Tenant or Landlord responsible
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Teresa Cooper
37 Posts
6 Thanks

Hi guys,
My tenant emailed me to say he had returned from holiday and there was no water to the flat. When the plumber came out it was discovered that the water meter in the street had been turned off. The tenant admits that they have an ongoing dispute with the water company but when they checked the company said they had not turned the water off and of course they would have had to inform my tenants beforehand. The company are also sending my tenant a letter to confirm this and he said he would forward it on to me. The question is, who foots the bill for the plumber. No one is responsible but my tenant wants me to pay the bill. I have suggested we split the bill but he wants 2 nights compensation as he says he could not stay in the flat without water, even though I offered to get a plumber out the same night which he declined and said he would ring my plumber the following day.
Regards.

19/08/2016 14:17

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband