My tenants have given 4 weeks notice...a few questions if you could helps please

You are here : Member Forums Other My tenants have given 4 weeks notice...a few questions if you could helps please
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Alison
5 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi
My tenants of 6yrs have given their 4 weeks notice on the 1st August due to buying there own house. They do not have a definite move date yet and have asked if they can stay in the house until they have completed with the sale. I have agreed to this, however I was wondering what would be the best option to use for payment. A week upfront at a time, or another month?

From previous visits I have noticed some damage and changes. The front UPVC door has a hole in the frame on the outside, it doesn't leak that I am aware of however there is a hole now that wasn't there when they moved in. How would I tackle this regarding payment for it to be fixed.

The tenants also asked if they could paint the living room in a deep red and said they would paint it back when they move, do I need to send any information in writing to them stating this must be done, if they don't do what they agreed, could I hold part of the deposit to cover the cost for it to be re painted?

When I visited last I noticed 3 patches on the walls that had been re-plastered and not painted, after 6yrs of them being there it will need a re paint, but is this something I need to mention.

The house will need a full paint but due to general ware and tare, nothing major that I know of other than the points above.

They've been very good tenants and always paid on time, never caused any problems and we have been very good landlords even going in to put a cupboard door handle back on and replacing a blind that wasn't part of the letting. Therefore I don't want to be one to starting picking at their deposit, but I also don't want to oversee something that should be partly paid by them.

Many thanks

24/08/2016 00:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband