student tenant reneging on contract

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management student tenant reneging on contract
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
wink
8 Posts
1 Thanks

I have a student house that's let annually to three tenants sharing the whole house. I use the RLA tenancy agreement, which commits them jointly and severally to the tenancy. After signing the tenancy agreement in January, one of this year's new tenants informed me around April that they had changed their mind and didn't want to live in the house. I responded that they were responsible for finding a suitable replacement tenant, then the tenancy agreement could be amended. They failed to do so. I also marketed the available room but without success. The tenancy starts in a week's time with no resolution. The other two tenants want to go ahead, but understandably they don't want to shoulder the extra cost of splitting the rent two ways instead of three. What are my options now?

25/08/2016 07:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband