universal credit and 1988 housing legislation, does regulation 93 still apply, if so i will sue them

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears universal credit and 1988 housing legislation, does regulation 93 still apply, if so i will sue them
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
SOUTH TYNE LANDLORDS
1 Posts
0 Thanks

I recently had a tenant go over to U Credit I was right on the ball and sent in proof of 13 weeks arrears on the correct form uc47 , this was received at U C on july 27th 2016 . on august 15th U C paid £580 into the bank account of the tenant.
an advisor from a local U C help organisation, two way tenancy solutions rang up on my behalf with me on the conference call, the officer stated that U C takes no notice of housing benefit legislation as it is excempt from 8 weeks arrears regulation 93 which states a landlord shall be paid directly on 8 weeks arrears, but however they may take it into consideration when the file is eventually passed to an officer to deal with. i've asked my MP by email to ask dwp, anyone know ? is the 1988 housing act scrapped or is she telling porkies.? if so I will sue in the county court for my lost rent.

25/08/2016 11:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband