Council Tax

You are here : Member Forums Other Council Tax
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Z
zulfiqar Syed
3 Posts
1 Thanks

I have been served demand by Birmingham City Council for back dated Council Tax from 2013 - 2016. The property has been let to full-time students single AST during all this period.Upon receiving the demand I e-mailed copy of Tenancy Agreement front page giving names, rent, deposit term etc and copy of their contact details so that the council can follow it up. They have instead phoned me to say I need to provide evidence of rent payment and deposit protection. Is all this correct why does the council not want to contact them directly. why they did not not check from the electronic list provided to the council by the university of the student details. They are adament that unless I provide all this the demand will valid. Am I not being used as an unpaid council Tax collector. They can also check with the letting agent if they want to instead they are leaning on me to do the donkey work. Are they right?

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
03/09/2016 12:43

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband