Pre payment meters for gas and electricity

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Pre payment meters for gas and electricity
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Cathy55
5 Posts
0 Thanks

My daughter and her partner recently moved into a rental property in yorkshire which was marketed by a well known agency. The landlady has chosen to self manage thereafter. It was not until they had signed the agreement that they realised that meters were in situ, indeed even the landlady seemed surprised. The upshot is that npower want up to 90 days to verify the meters are there and a further 90 days to change them out. Given that she is expecting a baby in 2 weeks time my daughter is worried as all power disappeared this morning, the meters are down stairs and outside the block of flats and additionally the tariff is extortionate. Had they been advised of the presence of meters my daughter would not have entered into the tenancy agreement. Is there any recourse for this ?
Also she has spent hours trying to negotiate with npower - should this be part of the landlord"s remit? Any opinions welcome , thank you

05/09/2016 16:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband