deductions from deposit- advice required please

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits deductions from deposit- advice required please
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Alison
3 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

My tenants handed there notice, moved out and posted the keys back through the door. They said they were unavailable to meet me to proceed with the inventory checkout as they were going on holiday and didn't have time.

I have several items damaged as follows.

Kitchen ceiling light needs replacing as they have broken a part off it. needs replacing
Front door has been Hit and has a hole in the upvc front needs replacing/repairing
red pain has been spilt on the carpet in one room. needs replacing
There dog has chewed the spindles up the stairs. needs replacing
One concertina door is missing from the bedroom and one is in half. needs replacing
One bedroom door has a hole in it. needs replacing
A hole has been plastered up in one of the bedroom walls and in the living room wall. needs re painting
the living room has been painted dark red. needs repainting
back garden is a mess, needs tidying up.

I would hope that I can cover some costs back for items that need replacing/repairing but unsure on what I can actually request.

The house also smells badly of there dog and dog hairs are everywhere therefore it needs a professional clean throughout and the carpets are filthy so hoping a professional carpet clean can bring them a new lease of life. - can I charge the tenants for these?

Any advise would be appreciated. Photos and signed inventory were done at check-in, but because they wouldn't meet me at checkout, I haven't been able to go over anything with them. I have taken photos of everything.

Kind regards.

17/09/2016 00:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband