You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Water
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Mark Gregory
59 Posts
9 Thanks
At the moment i pay the bill for a house which has a water meter. This was in when i bought the property.

The bills are costing me a fortune 40.00 per week. The property is divided into :- 2 self contained flats which have their own council tax bills, and 3 flats with shared facilities which also come under 1 council tax bill which i pay.

i have spoken to United Utilities and explained that i am no longer going to pay the water bill for the whole of the property and that they must bill the tenants direct as is the case with the Council Tax.

They just said ... sorry we cant do that as the flats have to all have a seperate water supply...

By the way i also own the property next door which does not have a water meter. The council tax is under one bill (flats with shared facilities) . The water bill comes relates to the banding of the council tax- band B. The water rates for this property are about 350.00 per annum which i am quite happy to pay.

Dont want to be paying 2000 per annum. The tenants are dss so i cant just say oh by the way your rent has just increased 10.00 per week as i would have more chance of getting blood out of a stone.

Question is :- are United Utilities within their rights or can i refuse to pay and tell them to bill the tenants in the self contained.( Granted if that happens i wouls receive a bill for the flats that come under their own council tax but htat wouls only be band A)

Any suggestiond would be appreciated

12/02/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page