Sub-letting, lodger, Licensee?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Sub-letting, lodger, Licensee?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Pem
1 Posts
0 Thanks

I self manage - My tenants operating with a 6 mth STA - now on statutory periodic agreeement)have requested that a friend stays with them for a period of time. They had remembered that I have advised them that the agreement is for their exclusive occupancy. I have no objections to them having a friend stay for a number of months since they have spare room. This is a temporary arrangement so I not going to add then to the tenancy. What checks should undertake e.g. Right to reside , credit check etc and documentation is necessary from me. My tenants will be responsible for agreeing and collecting any sums of money (that is between them alone. I just need to ensure that I am suitably protected. I'm hoping there is some some standard advice and documentation available.

18/09/2016 16:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions