Join the Residential Landlords Association

Using Online Agent

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Using Online Agent
Mrs M.
Mrs M.
197 Posts
64 Thanks

Iíve tried using the search facility for this but itís pretty useless and the info Iíve found appears to be quite old.

So, my question is: has anyone used an online agent (to advertise only, no other service required) in the last 12 months? If so, any recommendations?

I usually use OpenRent but Iím a bit disenchanted with them at the moment. I advertised with them and found a prospect who wasted 2/3 weeks by not answering all questions on reference request before I binned him. I then found someone else who passed referencing with flying colours but Covid 19 raised its nasty little head the day before he was due to sign the agreement and so he pulled out. I then suspended the advert due to Covid restrictions for nearly 2 months and just re-started it a few days ago. Had a few enquiries and lined up a viewing for this evening but just received an email from OpenRent saying theyíve removed the advert as my 3-months is up. To make matters worse, theyíve informed all the enquirers (including my viewing person) that it is no longer available! I knew the 3-month timeline must be close but hoped there would be some leeway in the present circumstances. At the very least I would have expected
an email giving me 24 hours warning and an opportunity to extend it.

I can, of course, simply buy another advert but Iím a bit annoyed at Openrentís handling of the whole thing, so thought Iíd check here first to see if there was a better option.

I look forward to reading your suggestions.

21/05/2020 13:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions