New tax rules affecting working tax credit/Child benefit

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial New tax rules affecting working tax credit/Child benefit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Theresa
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

Does anyone know how the new rules will effect how income will be treated for child benefit etc.

My husband and I both earn £15k each outside of our property income. Neither of us can work full time and earn more than this due to health problems and having 4 children.

Our property turnover is approx. £70,000 with mortgage interest costs being £55,000.

Not only I am concerned about the affect this will have on our profit which we need in order to keep our own roof over our head.

But I'm also concerned about working tax credits and child benefit if our income is deemed as £100,000 instead of the true figure being £45k shared.

Does anyone know? I can't seem to find any information on this?

Also worried for our tenants as If we sell they all fit into the 'can't rent from letting agents' or get a mortgage.....they will all be homeless as we let to them all based on trust so far been incrediably lucky

Thanks in advance

22/09/2016 11:47 - Report - Thank this member

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Property Six Pack (Gas Elec)