Can I collect rent from 2 tenancies at 1 property?

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Can I collect rent from 2 tenancies at 1 property?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nicest landlord
362 Posts
92 Thanks

I have evicted Mr A and Ms C from a house where Mr A has a guarantor. I will pursue this guarantor for rent arrears. All straightforward.
2-3 years ago Mr A had a tenancy there with Ms B. Ms B moved out for a year and then moved back in this February staying for about 6 months until the eviction which was really against Mr A as Ms C had given notice and left.
Ms B has a guarantor and I am wondering whether to pursue them for 6 months rent for Ms B. I can show mail addressed to her at the property during this period and Ms C would write me a witness statement so I think I could build a strong case.
The issue is can I do it? Can I collect rent on 2 different tenancies at the same time?
Morally I feel justified since Ms B was putting wear and tear on my property from herself and guests. Her presence miffed Ms C who causing her to leave and bringing a reasonably successful situation to an end. But can I legally?

26/09/2016 09:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband