Join the Residential Landlords Association

Rent Arrears

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Rent Arrears
27 Posts
2 Thanks

I have a tenant who went into arrears of £1000.00 on a rent of £500.00 per month, I completed a UC47 form and Universal Credit are now paying me direct. But there are still the arrears of £1000.00, and Universal Credit are reluctant to do any thing. Would I be able to take the tenant to the small claims court whilst they are still my tenant? Or am I better persisting with trying to get the arrears paid through Universal Credit?

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
26/05/2020 18:51

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions