Deed of Surrender

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Deed of Surrender
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
charlie_164
187 Posts
24 Thanks

With reference to court proceedings for possession after section 21 I am trying to understand how to properly end the tenancy when the time comes.
I accept that the likelihood is that I will need to use the services of the Court Bailiffs but am trying to understand more about Deed of surrender.

1. If the Bailiffs attend do I still need to use the D of S?
  2. If by any chance the tenant were to decide to move out of her own accord I would of course ask for her to sign the deed, but am not sure about this clause

'The Landlord and the Tenant/s hereby agree to release and discharge the other from all liabilities,
claims and demands arising under The Tenancy or in respect of breaches of any of the obligations
contained in or otherwise arising under The Tenancy contract or by virtue of statute. '
In my case there will almost certainly be rent arrears, and there is clearly a lot of damage at the property.....can I really only accept Surrender if I agree to waive these liabilities?

28/09/2016 22:36

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband