What to enter into deposit section of tenancy renewal

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management What to enter into deposit section of tenancy renewal
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Bill_308
17 Posts
1 Thanks

Hello,

I have a tenant who's been living in my flat for over five months. He initially signed a 6 month AST, gave me a deposit which I paid into the DPS their custodial scheme, gave him the prescribed info etc.

Now that the six months are nealy up, he would like to sign a new AST, so I've downloaded the latest one from the RLA's website, but I am not sure what I need to enter in point 7) - "You have to pay a depost of £xxx held by xxxxxxxx. It will be protected by a government approved TDS, namely xxxxxxxx."

Do I have to enter anything into here given that the deposit was paid six months ago when he signed the original agreement?

One thing that I have to point out is that a letting agent found the tenant, so they provided one of their own AST's that the tenant signed. Whilst it does state the amount of deposit he's paid, there's no mention of who holds the deposit, which scheme it's with etc. We never used to have to enter this info on the RLA's AST, so I guess this is something quite new?

Many Thanks

03/10/2016 11:24 - Report - Thank this member

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Property Six Pack (Gas Elec)