LVT Luxury Vinyl Tiles best flooring choice?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion LVT Luxury Vinyl Tiles best flooring choice?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Silversurfer 2015
52 Posts
15 Thanks

I will soon be replacing the flooring in a fairly up market 2 bedroom flat. Present flooring is twist pile carpeting and is very worn. Several tenants are from abroad and don't like carpets. I have ruled out plastic laminate - not hard wearing enough and looks cheap. Engineered wood is good but ideally the skirtings need lifting or you have unsightly cover beading all round.
I am looking at good quality wood effect vinyl either in tile or plank format. Some look quite realistic and are even textured. Having done a little research I have found that Amtico is the dearest followed by Karndean and then the cheaper Polyflor range. I am looking for at least 15 years useful life. LVT not easily damaged but if spare panels are are ordered and kept then badly damaged panels can later be replaced.
Costs from around £25 per square metre upwards including fitting. Has anyone used LVT and can comment on its suitabilty for a rented property?

17/10/2016 21:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband