Served S.21 Notice now need to serve S.8 is this possible?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Served S.21 Notice now need to serve S.8 is this possible?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Feline
23 Posts
1 Thanks

I served a S21 before 1st Oct for the tenant to leave by 1st December. Tenant has not paid rent since, can I now serve a S.8 as I am not able to prove he received the prescribed information. I purchased the property with tenant in resident his deposit is protected and has been transferred to my account and with the same deposit agency. They have notified him of this via email, but tenant has already being lying about me threatening him; when I have not in any way. He has said he will not leave and not pay rent. I purchased the property in May this year. The vendor has not replied to my text or picked up my phone calls. So have no proof the prescribed information was provided to him. As a result of this I would like to serve a S.8.

The building has other flats within it that the tenant is intimating, and trying to get them to also not pay rent. Due to his behaviour towards be I have been keeping away from the property. The other two flats are tenanted by female tenants who he tried to intimate in the communal area. He has also tried to intimate me also I am a female landlady. The other tenants are paying their rent. He has sent me text saying he is telling the others not to pay their rent.

Generally, he is upsetting the other tenant's within the building and may cause them to leave. He has changed the front communal door lock and given the others keys. I have had the lock changed and given all flats the new key and had anti tamper screws fitted to the new lock. As he said he would change the lock again. I have written to him about changed the lock, and asked him not to do so again. I told him I will charge him for any damage or costs incurred by me as a result of his behaviour.

What are my options to evict him?

Sorry to post is so long.

18/10/2016 19:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband