thoughts on queen size beds v double sized beds

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion thoughts on queen size beds v double sized beds
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Maureen_539
2,300 Posts
913 Thanks

In my HMO's I let to singletons only. WYP's or students. Rooms are spacious, have work-desks, massive wardrobes,circulation space & double beds. Recently one of my students asked why all the bedrooms had double-beds... because she would prefer a queen-sized bed and a double-up on the work-desk space.
We compromised to moved the bed around to fit a work table in for her architectural drawings. She is a long-term tenant[6 years] so I'm thinking of swopping her double- bed for a queen-size bed as a trial run. She is an asset to the house & immense practical help to me & other tenants..a can-do, unselfish person whose pov counts for a lot.

I provide ALL bedding so the outlay would include smaller fitted-sheets.
Wondered if colleagues had come across this.
Obviously when she does vacate, I'd swop back if the incomer didn't want all the extra work-space. I've had Arch.students before & they do need much more spread out space than others.
The student rightly said that a double -bed in a room is open invitation for 'sleepovers' and loud nocturnal activity which in her experience in her previous house, had been a cause of friction. No pun intended!

Comments please. POV's and thanks in advance for those colleagues.

23/10/2016 14:24

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions