Shared utilities

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Shared utilities
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
carolymorgan
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a property which consists of a three-bedroomed house with a one-bedroomed annexe. Each have separate entrances and gardens, but the utilities - water, gas and electricity, are shared. The boiler and meters are in the main house. There is one central heating system, again run from the main house. The house is let to a tenant, and I have been living in the annexe. I want to know if there is any reason I cannot let the annexe to another tenant, in view of the shared services.

An estate agent was not willing to market it, saying that if the tenant in the main house is away and something goes wrong with the utilities, the tenant in the annexe would have no control over the situation. As landlord, I have keys to both properties, so would be able to get any necessary repairs done whether the tenant was there or not.

I propose to let the annexe for a rent which would include the utilities. would this be possible?

17/03/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband