Rent Charges and HMCC securities

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Rent Charges and HMCC securities
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Member. Holly Jones
6 Posts
1 Thanks

hello
some months ago I posted questions about how to redeem a rent charge. This is a little known thorn in the side of quite a few property owners in Manchester. It is an ancient piece of law that will be extinguished in about 20 years. . It is NOT ground rent. I had no idea my property had such a charge albeit now a small yearly amount of £3 pa. A company called HMCC securities came along suddenly as they had bought up these rent charges and were demanding payment or they could seize the house! They even wrote tot my mortgage supplier indicating such!
Anyway battle lines drawn, I finally found the tiny government department who can arrange to redeem a rent charge.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rentcharges. Based in Birkenhead, a team of almost two people...They are fab.

They can do the work to ensure you get a fair redemption of a rent charge not the extortionate amount the company offers you. And worth it because in law if you don't pat this wretched rent on time i.e. you forget they can stake an interest in your house so watch out.

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
30/11/2016 10:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband