Renewals &Letting agents commissions

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Renewals &Letting agents commissions
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
9 Posts
3 Thanks
I own a property in Putney which I have let out through Chesterton. The original tenancy agreement was for a year whch ended on 8th March 2008. As the tenants wished to stay one we signed another agreement starting on 9th March. Chesterton took their 10% commission for the initial 12 month period and have now sent me an invoice for commission for the next 12 months. I do not think I should be paying this as Chesterton had no impact on the decision of the tenants to renew and had no input into the agreement signed on 9th March 2008. The 2nd agreement was based on the template from this site and not Chestertons own version. (Chesterton would have charged 140 +VAT to use their own).

Following the OFTs decision to take Foxtons to the high court on this issue are there ther landlords in a similar situation to myself? Do you have any advise on what I can do next?

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
23/03/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband