Gas Safety Inspections

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Gas Safety Inspections
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SAFC
9 Posts
1 Thanks

I have been very badly let down by a Gas Engineer Company. They three times failed to turn up when they said they would, putting myself and tenants to considerable inconvenience who had taken time off work or made arrangements to have pets looked after.When he did turn up the first 2 properties failed the inspection and off he went. They have since passed the inspection with another Gas Safe engineer.The original engineer also cut a 15mm copper pipe to the gas hob - I am not sure whether he has the right to do that. I have since had to pay to have it repaired prior to the second inspection. The main issue I have though, is one of security. The original Gas Company they train Gas Safe engineers in Portsmouth has my 12 sets of spare keys to my properties and will not send them back until I have paid for the first 2 inspections, which they failed but have subsequently been passed.What is my legal position over these keys e.g. would I be entitled to have all the locks changed and then charge the Gas Company for them - through the small claims court ? I wondered also whether I could make a complaint to the Gas Safe people - would you know the best address ? The inconvenience continues. Thank you in anticipation of your help.

19/12/2016 16:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband