PLUMBER CHARGING FOR INCOMPLETE WORK do I have to pay?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy PLUMBER CHARGING FOR INCOMPLETE WORK do I have to pay?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
Goldfazer
28 Posts
1 Thanks
We employed a plumber to replace bath taps with a shower mixer and mend a leak in the wc.

He could not fit into the space required between the bath and the WC and couldn't tighten up the shower mixer tap fittings under the bath, so they were leaking. Additionally he didn't do anything to the WC. He therefore left the job half done, arranging to come back another day when he had more time, as he needed to go to a doctors appointment.

He was going to take the WC out so he could get to the bath taps!!!

We employed a different plumber who fitted into the space. replaced the washers in fittings at the bottom of the shower mixer tap (as the previous plumber did not) this stopped the leak. He also fitted the wc kit and only charged 69.00.

The original plumber has invoiced me for 80 stating INSTALLATION OF BATH MIXER TAP. I sent 40 and asked him to accept in good faith as the job was left unfinished. He has written stating he is not charging for a specific job, but for his time (just over one hour).
Do I really have to pay him the 80 in full, as the invoice states a job, not a time scale?

Many Thanks.

10/03/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions