Joint deposit changes

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Joint deposit changes
5 Posts
0 Thanks

One of my tenants has separated from his partner and she has now taken on a tenancy of her own. The current tenancy is due to lapse mid February and I am happy to issue another tenancy to the remaining tenant as he is a long standing good tenant. My question is what do I do with regards to the deposit as it is in both tenants names. would I need to get the tenant who has left to write a letter to "relinquish or gift" their share of the deposit to the other tenant? or return it and reissue?

12/01/2017 16:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page