Removal Of Bed

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Removal Of Bed
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
P Turner
7 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a tenant that is looking to move out of the property. He rang me a couple of months into the tenancy asking if he could remove a wardrobe because the drawers were starting to break, which was true and was highlighted in the inventory video I made on entry. At the same time however he asked if he could remove the mattress on the bed, and use his own.

I agreed on the basis that he replaced it on leaving the property.

However now he is leaving (a month before the end of his agreement) he is claiming he got rid of both the mattress and the bedframe itself because they were breaking, and it was with my permission.

This is untrue and he clearly just wanted to use his own bed despite the property being advertised and agreed as fully furnished. I do however have no proof of the agreement (either on e-mail or written from the tenant, only a note of the conversation on my file).

I have his deposit in protected in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme. I am going to suggest a £100 reduction of the deposit payment to replace the bed and mattress which I feel is yet again more than reasonable.

Please can you advise if this is reasonable and if you have any further tips.

14/01/2017 14:35

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband