Advice required please re daughter in shared student accommodation

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Advice required please re daughter in shared student accommodation
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andrew W
5 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi. My daughter has been in her current house since July 2016. She had agreed to stay in the house for another year and all was fine. She has paid in advance up to July 2017. I completed a guarantor form before she moved in and she paid £200 deposit. The landlord has just changed letting agent. The new agency have asked for fees.......The following is a copy from their email........

Just to confirm the fees that will apply would be as follows

Application fee for single person - £100
Guarantor application fee - £50

One the move in day you would need to pay £368.33
And the bond of £200.

My daughter has rung the landlord to discuss. He offered no sympathy,said it's because the agency has changed and that she had to pay it.

To me this doesn't seem right.
She is already a tenant who has already paid fees and bond, and had agreed to stay another year.

My thoughts are that she is not a new tenant; it is a new agency and she should not have to pay any additional fees and bond just because the agency has changed.

Does anyone know if the fees and demand for a further bond are justified and lawful?

There has been no mention of the first bond being returned at this stage.

23/01/2017 20:51

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband