Refurbish repair tax???

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Refurbish repair tax???
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sunny30
18 Posts
0 Thanks

I really should have sorted this earlier, but I have always done my own tax and been ok...

I rent one property and had a bath with a shower over it which continually leaked, we tried various repairs, to taps, floor, had the pipes looked at, put in a new shower door, but still the leak continued. Eventually, the front room ceiling came down!! and so I decided to replace the iron bath (thankful that no one was hurt and that the wood joists were ok) - new iron baths were every expensive so I thought I would put a large walk in shower in, with new plastic sheets to replace the tiles. The flooring was ruined with the continual leaking so this was replaced.

Now I am beginning to understand that I probably cannot put it down on my tax as a property repair. Because I replaced it all as it was unrepairable does this mean I can only put the new shower/base etc down as capital gains? Thanks for any thoughts

28/01/2017 15:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions