FiancÚ moving in

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion FiancÚ moving in
Forum Avatar
Harper
4,032 Posts
564 Thanks

Have good tenant for 5 months on a 6 month AST in a studio flat.Runs out end Feb.

She wants to renew but says her boyfriend also moving in the next few weeksWe are doing new AST before he moves in so it may be before old one runs out. We never let anyone stay in the property without going on the tenancy agreement.

Need to make sure he is happy with non smoking and no pets and obviously get info re his work,National insurance number ,previous landlords,work reference etc6 months bank statements,pay slips 6 months,employers letter,NHS number,drivers licence,car number plate,emergency phone numbers

I am replying that the rent has to go up as there are 2 people not one.We would otherwise have to charge for all this extra work.
We need to do inventory check out meeting and then check in meeting with him present.

Before that we need to do a right to rent check with him present where we fill in form and check passport

Deposit is staying the same in original tenants name in DPS,I am assuming he needs to be sent any forms she filled in for this plus the terms and conditions of DPS plus tenant leaflet,
gas safe is already with her as is EPC so cannot issue again to him

But we can give them both how to rent gov booklet again if necessary.

Have I missed anything out?

We have never had anyone move in with an already there tenant so I am new to this

Any help appreciated

29/01/2017 17:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband