Overdue rent - student

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Overdue rent - student
3 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a student tenant on joint AST, who is 4 months in arrears. He has been to the student debt advice guys, who emailed me to advise he was taking a break from study and would therefore not be eligible for student funding. He has made an offer to pay of £1 per month. Is it correct that due to his (insulting) offer to pay I am unable to pursue the debt through small claims? I do not want to hold the others responsible for the debt. He has not vacated the property but isn't living there.

Can I issue just him with a NTQ?

What is the best way to proceed?

07/02/2017 11:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page