Tenant not communicating

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Tenant not communicating
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Yorkshirespambo
39 Posts
1 Thanks

Our tenant is still in a Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. We have agreed verbally that she can go early. Deposit returned as not registered.

We have sent her a form to sign to give us date she will be moving etc. with a first class stamped addressed envelope.She has reduced her payment for this month and has paid up to 20th Feb.

We do not plan to inspect property as deposit returned, but will take plenty of photos when we do get in. We know there is damage.

She is not keeping us up to date at all with her plan to move and we know she has changed her mobile number.

If the form isn't signed and returned within the next 3 days we intend to go to the house, with a form, and knock on the door to ask her to sign it.

If we don't manage to get a signature, how do we stand for entering house on 21st? We have told her in letter we will be going that morning to check the house.

If she hasn't signed to say she wants to leave before end of agreement can we continue charging her rent?

Her and her sister are awkward to say the least when they are together and I would not be surprised if they make things as difficult as they can.

I could just do to have in my head the best way to deal with this as she will not be in the house much longer. She should be in the house for the next 7 - 9 days. She has not given us a forwarding address either.

11/02/2017 11:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband