Noise problem,tenant not committing,options needed

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Noise problem,tenant not committing,options needed
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Harper
4,331 Posts
656 Thanks

He had told us before the noise issue that he would be signing a 6 month AST starting Mid March.
He told us this in an email,we were to sort out a date to sign new agreement

In meantime he has experienced noise issues from next door ,he is about to do letters of complaint and said dont know if I want to stay now.
Problem is we would have put out an Ad beginning of Feb if we knew he was definitely leaving Mid March but he has not decided

I would like to write to him with options
Option one,go on a SPT from mid March with one month notice from payday from him.He can do a 6 month AST at any point after.
Option two,carry on with 6 month AST from Mid March as planned but I think he is hesitant in case noise persists.
Option Three Extend the fixed term by 2 weeks to end March to allow us time to market.This means him leaving 2 weeks after end of fixed term so also in mid cycle SPT,don't know how that would work.

I want to sort it out soon
Any comments,suggestions from anyone.
He is a good tenant,keeps clean,pays,likes accomm but not the new noise problem

12/02/2017 21:15

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband