We are mostly getting interest from housing benefit tenant

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion We are mostly getting interest from housing benefit tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
bini
326 Posts
35 Thanks

Hi I have 4 bed house to let , advertising through open rent and Facebook , from 40 enquiries, 15 was useless, and good 1 of working tenant query and rest of all housing benefit enquiries. I have got some dss tenants ( I know it's an old word ) but always have preferred working one if I get one , this time location and property both good , but not getting interested from working people.
I picked two of the dss tenants , both credit and bank statements good , one is single woman with 4 kids and other one is a couple with 5 kids , both mums are a career to their one of the child. Single woman can provide two guarantors and a couple can't provide any. Sometimes it's better to deal with a couple than single women ( my experience!) so can't make my mind. What do you say ?
Working couple with 3 kids haven't seen the property so can't say they want it. But would choose them if I can !

Any thoughts ! Perhaps I need to advertise somewhere else ?

13/02/2017 20:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband