You are here : Member Forums Other Ms
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Ive just been made aware that my tenant is running her food start-up business from my property. She used my home address on all company associated documents including that held by HMRC and Companies House. Most notably, I discovered that her grocery product packaging also displays my home address as the official manufacture and company address. The product is sold in grocery stores including selfridges.
On top of that, the home is being used as her sole kitchen product facility, for one full day a week. She also took steps to register the home kitchen as her place of production. An inspector from the local borough came to do an inspection.
As well as using the home as her main production facility, she also uses her bedroom/living area as her work space, for up to 4-5 days a week, when not producing.
I feel really upset and completely taken advantage of. But more importantly, it's been suggested that I could be facing a whole range of possible complications; my house insurance may be invalid, I may be in breach of contract with my freeholder, I could face issues with HMRC and CH should her company go bust, disgruntled customers - the list goes on.
I had a meeting with the tenant, suggested that I think it best she left, to which she agreed. Should I be asking compensation? Am I entitled to do so? Are there implications I havent considered? Should I ask her to destroy her product packaging before more goes out on the market?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

14/02/2017 18:18

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions